Today is Slow Cooking Thursday, hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Go check out the wonderful recipes shared there. Join me tomorrow for Freezer Food Friday.
Check out Swagbucks a great way to search and win!
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Prep time: 15 Min.
Cook time: 7 Hrs.
Ready in: 7 Hrs., 15 Min.
4 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (17.5 fluid ounce) bottle buffalo wing sauce, divided
1/2 (1 ounce) package dry ranch salad dressing mix
2 tablespoons butter
6 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
1. Place the frozen chicken breasts into a slow cooker, and pour in 3/4 of the wing sauce and the ranch dressing mix. Cover, and cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours.
2. Once the chicken has cooked, add the butter, and shred the meat finely with two forks. Pile the meat onto the hoagie rolls, and splash with the remaining buffalo wing sauce to serve.
Today is Slow Cooking Thursday, hosted by the lovely Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom . Share a recipe on your blog and go link it at her blog.
Please come back and Join me for Freezer Food Friday and a recipe for freezable bar cookies.
Easy Barbecue Pork Sandwiches
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
l clove garlic, finely chopped
2 pounds boneless country style pork ribs, trimmed of fat, cut into 2 inch pieces
In 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker, mix both sauces and the garlic. Stir in pork to coat.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours. Remove pork from slow cooker; place on plate. Shred pork by pulling apart with 2 forks.
Return pork to sauce in slow cooker; mix well. Spoon about 1/2 cup pork mixture into each roll.
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
1 tablespoon EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 pound ground sirloin
1 softball-sized onion, chopped
1/4 cup steak sauce
1 cup beef stock
Salt and ground black pepper
4 dinner rolls
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup milk
1 cup provolone, shredded
In large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 turn of the pan of EVOO, brown the ground sirloin, about 5-6 minutes. Add the onion and cook another 3-4 minutes, until the onions start to get tender. Stir in the steak sauce and beef stock, season with salt and pepper, bring up to a bubble and cook about 2 minutes.
Split open rolls and toast under broiler, keep your eye on them so they don’t burn!
While the meat is cooking, melt the butter in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the flour and cook about 1 minute. Whisk in milk, bring up to a bubble and let thicken, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat and stir the cheese in a figure-eight motion until it is all incorporated.
To serve, place a scoopful of the meat mixture onto the bottom of the rolls, then top with the cheese sauce and replace the top of the roll.
Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches
2 onions, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rings
3 cloves garlic, sliced
3 pounds beef chuck roast, well-trimmed
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1-1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
10 large slices sourdough bread, toasted and halved
* Place onions and garlic in slow cooker. Season roast with salt and pepper.
* Coat large skillet with cooking spray and place over high heat. Brown roast on all sides. Place on top of onions in slow cooker. Sprinkle with soy sauce.
* Cover. Cook on low 5 to 6 hours or on high 3 to 3-1/2 hours, until meat is tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted into center reaches 160 degrees.
* In bowl, combine mayonnaise and horseradish. Slice meat thinly, and layer between slices of toast with onions and horseradish spread.
Makes 10 servings.
Nutritional information per serving: 476 calories, 42 g. protein, 58 g. carbohydrates, 8 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 61 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 928 mg sodium
Source: Prevention Slow Cooker Recipe Book
Chicken Satay Sandwiches
1/4 cup peanut butter
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon honey
1 1/4 cups shredded cooked chicken (6 ounces)
1 large carrot, shredded on a box grater
4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
1. In a food processor, combine the peanut butter, lime juice, 1/4 cup cilantro, garlic, honey, and 3 tablespoons water; process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; add the chicken, carrot, and salt to taste; and combine.
2. Spoon chicken mixture onto bottom of each bun, top with remaining cilantro, and close.
Enjoy this recipe from Super-Fast Slow Cooking Cookbook (M824).
1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
3 T. catsup
2 t. mustard
2 c. pasteurized process cheese spread, cubed
10 hamburger buns, split
Place ground beef in a slow cooker; add catsup and mustard, mixing well. Top with cubed cheese. Cover and cook on low setting for 3 to 4 hours. Stir beef mixture gently; spoon onto buns. Makes 10 sandwiches.
I found a new recipe for crockpot pork sandwiches. If this one doesn’t interest you, try one of these ….
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Shredded Apricot Pork Sandwiches
Five Spice Pork Sandwiches Au Jus
- Preparation time: 15 minutesCooking time: 4 hours, 30 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma‘s “Food Made Fast: Slow Cooker.”
||tablespoons canola or corn oil
||pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into 4 equal pieces
||yellow onion, finely chopped
||cup cider vinegar
||cup dark molasses
||cup firmly packed brown sugar
||teaspoons red pepper flakes
||tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
||teaspoon each: dry mustard, salt, freshly ground pepper
||soft sandwich rolls, toasted
1. Heat the oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; brown the pork on all sides, about 12 minutes. Transfer pork to a slow cooker.
2. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the fat from skillet. Add the onion; cook over medium-high heat until golden, about 5 minutes. Add vinegar; cook, stirring to scrape up browned bits, 2 minutes. Stir in ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, pepper and paprika. Cook stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to bubble, 1 minute. Pour over pork.
3. Cover slow cooker; cook on high until pork is very tender, 4-5 hours. (The pork can be cooked on low 8-10 hours).
4. Transfer pork to cutting board; shred, discarding fat. Skim excess fat from sauce; return pork to sauce. Stir to combine. Serve on buns with vinegar coleslaw.
Nutrition information per serving: 480 calories, 32% of calories from fat, 16 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 97 mg cholesterol, 43 g carbohydrates, 38 g protein, 656 mg sodium, 1 g fiber