Bertucci’s Sausage Soup
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 2 hr 10 min
3 c fresh spinach
1 lb sweet Italian chicken sausage
1 c diced fresh tomatoes
1 large can chicken broth
1 c rice
fresh sage to taste
1. Remove the sausage from the casing and brown, chopping finely while browning. Open the can of chicken broth and empty into a stew pot. A crock pot works nicely too, if you are going to be gone for the day. Put the sausage into the broth and put the pot on low to simmer.
2. Wash the spinach and tear up into small pieces, removing the stems before you put it in the pot. Dice the tomatoes and put them in the broth. Put the whole leaf fresh sage in the soup, using as much or as little as you like. For just a hint of sage flavor, I generally use 4 or 5 leaves.
3. Let simmer for approximately 2 hours on low. Turn the heat up. Once you get it to a rolling boil, add the uncooked rice to the soup. Feel free to add more or less, as you see fit, bearing in mind that it quickly swells and could easily become a casserole, rather than soup, if you are not careful. Once the rice is cooked, the soup is ready!
Yield: 12-16 servings
Spicy Chicken Mac Skillet
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 30 min
Makes: 6 servings, 1-1/3 cups each
1 pkg. (7-1/4 oz.) KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Cheese
PREPARE Dinner as directed on package.
MEANWHILE, heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 min. or until lightly browned and cooked through. Reduce heat to medium; stir in tomatoes and soup. Cook 5 min., stirring occasionally.
ADD Dinner; stir until well blended. Sprinkle with cheese; cover. Cook 5 min. or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition (per serving)
Calories 390 Total fat 18g Saturated fat 5g Cholesterol 60mg Sodium 1070mg Carbohydrate 32g Dietary fiber 2g Sugars 7g Protein 25g Vitamin A 20%DV Vitamin C 6%DV Calcium 25%DV Iron 10%DV
26 oz Marinara Sauce
12 oz fully cooked Italian-style chicken sausage links, diced
32 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese ( 2 cups )
3/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
1 box ( 8oz ) no-cook ( oven ready ) lasagna noodles
1. Have Ready a 5qt. or larger slow-cooker. Mix marinara sauce, sausage and 1/2 cup of water i a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, mix ricotta, 1-1/2 cup Parmesan, the garlic and Italian seasoning.
2. Spread 1/4 the sauce mixture over bottom of the slow cooker. Top with 1/3 of the noodles, breaking the noodles and overlapping as needed. Spread with 1/3 the cheese mixture, covering noodles completely. Repeat sauce, noodle and cheese layers twice. Spread remaining sauce mixture on top.
3. Cover and cook on low5 hours or until noodles are tender.
4. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan . Cover and let stand 10 minutes to melt cheese.