Welcome to Freezer Food Friday. I am looking forward to seeing your recipes. Please posta recipe on your blog and link it using Mr Linky below, or post a recipe inthe comment section here.
MAKES 2 ENTRÉES, 6 SERVINGS EACH
1 tray (about 3 pounds, two steaks) flank steak
3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup plum preserves
1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 one-gallon freezer bags, labeled
1. Rinse and trim each steak as desired. Place one steak in each freezer bag.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, plum preserves, Dijon-style mustard, honey, onion flakes and salt; divide marinade evenly over the steaks.
3. Into each bag measure 1 teaspoon minced garlic and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
4. Seal and freeze.
1. Completely thaw one entrée in the refrigerator.
2. Prepare a medium fire in a gas or charcoal grill.
3. Cook steak for 15 to 20 minutes for medium rare to medium. Turn occasionally and baste as desired. Do not baste during final 5 minutes of cooking. Discard remaining marinade.