Hello…. anyone out there? Do you find this meme helpful? Leave me a comment and let me know… please join in and share a freezer recipe on your blog and link it here or if you do not blog, leave a recipe in the comments!
Today is Freezer Food Friday.
Please post a recipe that can be made ahead and frozen for later use. Link it below using Mister Linky and make sure to visit each blog who shares. I am on Twitter if you want to follow me and have started collecting Swagbucks. Swagbucks is a search engine where you can win bucks for searching ( I just use it in place of Google ). Check it out and see if it works for you!
2 (28 oz cans) diced tomatoes
2-4 cloves garlic
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
salt and pepper
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 medium cooking onions, diced
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/2 package Europe’s Best frozen spinach (thawed), squeezed to release extra liquid
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper
1 package fresh lasagna noodles (7 sheets per package)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a food processor, puree tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Spray 13 X 9-inch (3 L) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Pour one third of the tomato mixture in the baking pan.
4. In a non-stick skillet, heat oil. Add onions and mushrooms. Cook over medium high heat until slightly carmelized. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. In bowl, stir together onions, mushrooms, spinach, ricotta cheese, egg, half cup of shredded cheddar and half cup of shredded mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
6. Lay all 7 sheets of pasta on the counter. Divide the filling evenly between the sheets, mounding it along the short end. Tightly roll up the pasta to make a long tube. Lay each filled pasta tube in the baking dish on top of the tomato sauce, seam side down. Repeat with other pasta tubes.
7. Pour remaining tomato sauce on top. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
8. Cover with foil and bake in centre of oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is bubbling and browned. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
This also freezes well, so while you’re at it, double the recipe and make another pan for the freezer! If you are going to freeze it, then cover with saran first, then tinfoil If you freeze it, remove it from the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge overnight before baking, then follow the same instructions to cook as are on the recipe.