From Julie Kay
Serves 6 to 8.
3 cups elbow macaroni
1 onion, chopped
3 cups water
2 (10-oz.) cans Ro-tel tomatoes
2 tbls. butter, melted
2 cups grated Cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup seasoned croutons, crushed
1. Put pasta, onion, water and tomatoes into slow cooker.
2. Cook on Low 2 to 2 1/2 hours, checking macaroni for softness with fork.
3. Spray 8-inch round baking dish with cooking spray. Remove pasta and tomatoes into dish with slotted spoon and top with melted butter.
4. Fold in 1 cup of grated cheese and melted butter.
5. Top the mixture with the remaining cup of grated cheese and the crushed croutons. Put into preheated 375-degree oven for 10 minutes to brown. Serve.