Turkey Meatball Gumbo
2 packages (12 ounces each) Shady Brook Farms® Fresh Italian Style Turkey Meatballs
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon dry thyme leaves
2 cups frozen chopped okra ( I might skip the okra and use zucchini )
Salt, black pepper and hot sauce
6 cups cooked (boiled or steamed) white rice
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1. In a medium-size slow cooker, combine meatballs, celery, onion, bell pepper, chicken broth, tomatoes, garlic, bay leaf and thyme.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
3. Turn cooker to LOW and cook for 2 hours.
4. Discard bay leaf; add okra and cook on LOW 1 hour longer.
5. Season with salt, pepper and hot sauce.
6. Serve in bowls over rice; garnish with green onions.