I have been invited to join a new ( to me ) meme -Crockpot Wednesday at Dining with Debbie , so I am inviting you to join me there!
• Core 6 apples (any good baking variety), and pare a strip around the top of each.
• Place the apples in a crock pot sprayed with cooking spray.
• Generously stuff each apple with alternating layers of raisins and chopped walnuts.
• Combine in a small saucepan the following: 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup water, 2 tablespoons butter, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg.
• Bring the mixture to a boil and pour it over the apples.
• Cook on low setting for approximately 3 hours, depending on your crock pot, basting occasionally.
• Serve warm with thick cream or ice cream.