Today is Slow Cooking Thursday, hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
From Carman Rogers with the National Pork Board
Serves 10 to 12.
4- to 5-lb. boneless pork butt (or pork shoulder roast)
1 (14-1/2–oz.) can beef broth
1/2 to 3/4 tsp. liquid smoke
1/3 cup hot pepper sauce
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
10 to 12 sandwich buns
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup molasses
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup yellow mustard
2 tbls. hot pepper sauce
1. Put pork in bottom of a large slow cooker. Mix broth, liquid smoke, pepper sauce and Worcestershire; pour over meat.
2. Cover and cook on High for 5 hours (or 8 to 10 hours on Low) until pork is very tender.
3. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine all ingredients in large saucepan; set aside.
4. Place pork on cutting board; reserve 1/2 cup of cooking liquid from pork. Coarsely chop pork; combine with reserved cooking liquid and sauce in saucepan; heat over medium heat until warm.
5. Spoon pork onto sandwich buns to serve.