Coq au Vin
for 4 or 5 quart low cooker
4 slices turkey bacon
1 1/2 cups frozen pearl onions, thawed
1 cup sliced, fresh, button mushrooms
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
1/4 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup dry red wine
3/4 cup fat- free, low sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup tomato paste
3 Tbsp. all- purpose flour
1. Cook bacon in medium skillet over[Mary Jane Vaughn] medium heat. Drain and crumble.
2. Layer ingredients in slow cooker in the following order: onions, crumbled bacon, mushrooms, garlic, thyme, pepper, chicken, wine, and broth.
3. Cover and cook on high 1 hour and then on low 3-4 hours.
4. Remove chicken and vegetables. Cover. Keep warm.
5. Ladle 1/2 cup cooking liquid into small bowl. Allow to cool slightly.
6. Turn slow cooker to high. Cover.
7. Mix removed liquid, tomato paste, and flour until smooth.
8. Return tomato mixture to slow cooker.
9. Cover and cook 15 minutes or until thickened.
10. Serve over stuffing or egg noodles if desired.
From: Fix It And Forget It Slow Cooker Magic