Today is Slow Cooking Thursday, hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
Black and White Turkey Chili
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4-5 hours
3/4 lb. Ground turkey
1 can black beans
1 can cannellini beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 small onion, diced
28 oz. Water
1 1/2 Tablespoons chili powder*
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1. Spray inside of crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a skillet, lightly brown ground turkey until no longer pink.
3. Pour beans, tomatoes, onions, water and ground turkey into slow-cooker. Stir.
4. Add chili powder, pepper and salt. Stir.
5. Replace slow-cooker lid and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
*Depending on your taste, you may prefer more or less chili powder. If you’re worried that 1 1/2 tablespoons is too much, start with 1 tablespoon and test the chili an hour or so before the end of the cooking time to see if you need to add more.
Serving suggestions: Serve with crackers, fresh homemade bread or in a bread bowl. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and diced chives for an extra flavor punch.