4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 tbls. vegetable oil
1 onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tbl. Dijon mustard
1 tbl. Worcestershire sauce
1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
1 tbl. brown sugar
1 (14.5-oz) can black beans, drained
4 tbls. chopped fresh cilantro
6 soft rolls, sliced horizontally
1. Cut chicken thighs into cubes and set aside.
2. In small bowl, combine chili powder, cayenne, salt, paprika and pepper. Pour seasoning mixture over chicken thigh cubes and toss to season evenly.
3. In large sauté pan, warm oil over medium heat. Add onion, red bell pepper and seasoned chicken cubes. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until vegetables are tender, about 12 to 15 minutes.
4. Pour chicken and vegetables into a slow cooker that has been sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray.
5. Combine ketchup, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes and brown sugar. Add to slow cooker, stirring to combine all ingredients. Cover pot and cook half a day, 4 to 5 hours on Low, or until thickened.
6. Add beans and chopped cilantro. Stir to combine. Cook for an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour, or until beans are heated through and mixture is thickened.
7. Spoon meat onto rolls and serve.