5 Golden Delicious apples, peeled and sliced
1-1/4 tsps. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 cup milk
2 tbls. butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsps. vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups biscuit mix, divided (Rhodus uses Bisquick)
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 tbls. cold butter
1. Toss apple slices in large bowl with cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg.
2. Place apple mixture in lightly greased slow cooker.
3. Combine milk, softened butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and 1/2 cup of the biscuit mix.
4. Spoon over apples.
5. Combine remaining biscuit mix with brown sugar.
6. Cut cold butter into biscuit mixture until crumbly.
7. Sprinkle this mixture over the apple mixture.
8. Cover and cook on Low 6 to 7 hours or until apples are soft.