Greetings to all the lurkers – please get involved!
Welcome to Freezer Food Friday… please share a recipe that can be at least partially prepared ahead and frozen for later use. Link it below at Mr. Linky and leave a comment….
1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
1 jalapeno, seeded (if desired) and thinly sliced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon hot sauce
4 1-quart resealable plastic freezer bags
4 teaspoons olive oil
8 8-inch flour tortillas, warmed
store-bought refrigerated fresh salsa (optional)
sour cream (optional)
1. Freeze It: In a large bowl, combine the steak, onion, bell peppers, jalapeño, chili powder, hot sauce, and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
2. Divide evenly among 4 bags. Freeze until ready to cook, up to 3 months.
3. Cook It: In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat the oil (use 1 teaspoon per serving).
4. Empty the frozen contents of the bags into the skillet (use 1 bag per serving). Cook, covered, stirring occasionally to break up ingredients, for 10 minutes.
5. Raise heat to medium-high and cook, uncovered, until the vegetables are tender and the steak is cooked through, 2 to 6 minutes.
6. Serve with the tortillas and, if desired, the salsa and sour cream.