Today is Slow Cooking Thursday, hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom . Share a recipe on your blog and go link it at her blog.
• 1 ½ pounds ground beef
• 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 6-ounce can hot-style tomato juice or vegetable juice cocktail
• ½ cup catsup
• ½ cup water
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons chopped canned jalapeno peppers (optional)
• 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
• 2 teaspoons chili powder
• 1-teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 8 hamburger buns
• Shredded cheddar cheese
In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion, and garlic till meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
Meanwhile, in a 3 ½-or 4-quart crockery cooker combine tomato juice, catsup, water, brown sugar, jalapeno peppers, if desired: mustard, chili powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
Stir in meat mixture. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or high-heat setting for 3 to 5 hours.
Toast buns; spoon meat mixture over buns and sprinkle with cheese.