Today is Slow Cooking Thursday, hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom . Share a recipe on your blog and go link it at her blog.
From Julie Kay
1 (18.25-oz.) box German chocolate cake mix
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup grated coconut
1/2 cup pecan pieces
1/2 cup caramel flavored topping
1. Follow directions for mixing cake on back of cake mix package
2. Add in chocolate chips, coconut and pecans. Mix together.
3. Grease stoneware insert of slow cooker or spray with vegetable spray.
4. Pour cake mixture into slow cooker and cook on High for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Check with toothpick in center to check for doneness. Replace lid and cook for 15 more minutes if needed.
5. While still warm, break up cake with large spoon and pour in caramel flavored topping.
6. Spoon out into small dessert containers or glassware. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and serve.
Note: This dessert recipe should be cooked in a 3-1/2 – to 4-quart size slow cooker. The cake will be a flat pancake in a larger cooker.