From Holly Clegg
Rich chocolate cake with a gooey marshmallow layer and Chocolate Icing with toasted pecans epitomizes southern indulgence and chocoholic perfection.
1/3 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup boiling water
1/2 cup cocoa
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow crème
Chocolate Icing (recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 13 9 2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In mixing bowl, beat together oil, vanilla, and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and beat well.
3. In small bowl, combine water and cocoa. Add to mixing bowl and mix well.
4. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Add to mixing bowl alternating with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched.
6. Carefully spread marshmallow crème over hot cake. Pour Chocolate Icing evenly over marshmallow layer. Sprinkle with pecans. Cool and cut into squares.
Makes 28 servings.