Yield: 12 servings
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups peeled and chopped Granny Smith apples
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1. Allow the eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and lightly flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
3. In another bowl, toss the chopped apples with the lemon juice.
4. In a large mixing bowl, stir together sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add flour mixture and beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in chopped apples and pecans. The batter will be thick.
5. Spoon batter into the prepared pan. Bake in a about 1 hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
6. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Carefully remove from pan. Cool the cake thoroughly on a wire rack. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cover and store the apple cake in the refrigerator.