- 1 can (14 oz) Mild Red Enchilada Sauce (Old El Paso)
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles
- 3 1/2 lb bone-in pork shoulder roast, well trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Serve with: warm corn tortillas
1. Mix enchilada sauce and chiles in a 4-qt or larger slow-cooker. Add pork; spoon sauce over top. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours until pork is very tender.
2. At least 20 minutes before serving, toss onion slices with lime juice in a medium bowl. Let stand, tossing once or twice until slightly wilted.
3. Remove pork to a cutting board. Stir cilantro into mixture in slow-cooker. Break pork into bite-size chunks with a wooden spoon and return to cooker; stir to combine.
4. To serve: Spoon pork mixture on warmed tortillas, top with marinated onions, fold and eat.