Serves 6 to 8.
2 slightly beaten eggs
1/2 cup milk
1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
1 (10-oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
2 tbls. soy sauce
1-1/4 tsps. salt
1/4 tsp. bottled hot pepper sauce
2 lbs. ground beef
Mushroom Sauce (recipe follows)
1. Combine eggs, milk, bread crumbs, spinach, soy sauce, salt and hot pepper sauce. Add ground beef; mix well.
2. Lightly grease bottom and sides of slow-cooker insert.
3. Shape meat mixture in round loaf to fit bottom of cooker; place inside cooker.
4. Cover and cook on High setting for 4 hours. Using two spatulas, remove meatloaf; drain off excess fat.
5. Serve with Mushroom Sauce.
1 (3-oz.) can sliced mushrooms, undrained
2 tbls. all-purpose flour
1 cup sour cream
2 tbls. snipped chives
1. In saucepan over low heat, blend undrained mushrooms into all-purpose flour.
2. Add sour cream and snipped chives. Cook, stirring constantly until mushroom mixture thickens. Do not boil.