Today is Slow Cooking Thursday, hosted by the lovely Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom . Share a recipe on your blog and go link it at her blog. Please come back and join me for Freezer Food Friday .
Serves 4 to 6.
1 lb. ground beef
3/4 cup chopped onions
1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes
2 (6-oz.) cans tomato paste
2 cups water
1 tbl. chopped parsley
2 tsps. salt
1 tsp. sugar
2 cloves minced garlic, or 1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
8 ozs. lasagna noodles
1 lb. ricotta cheese
16 ozs. mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Brown ground beef and onions over medium-high heat on stove top.
2. Place in slow cooker and add tomatoes. Tomatoes may be put through a blender if desired.
3. Add tomato paste, water, parsley, salt, sugar, garlic, pepper and oregano.
4. Cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours.
5. Cook lasagna as directed and drain. In 13x9x2-inch baking pan, spread 1 cup sauce. Alternate layers of lasagna noodles, sauce, ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
6. Bake at 350 degrees 40 to 50 minutes until lightly browned and bubbling. Let stand for 15 minutes and cut into squares. Serve.