1 package fudge brownie mix 1/4 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Peanut butter layer:
3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup water
3/4 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
1 bag (14 ounces) caramels, unwrapped
3 tablespoons water
1 bag (11.5 ounces) milk chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom only of 13-by-9-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. Stir brownie mix, water, oil and eggs in medium bowl until well blended. Spread in pan. Bake 28-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
3. In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter and water; mix well (if necessary, add additional water 1 teaspoon at a time until mixture is smooth).
4. Drop spoonfuls of peanut butter mixture over cooled brownie layer; spread evenly. Sprinkle with peanuts; refrigerate while making caramel layer.
5. Heat caramels and water in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat; stir frequently until caramels are melted. Pour caramel mixture over chopped peanuts; spread evenly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until caramel is set.
6. Melt milk-chocolate chips in an uncovered microwavable bowl on medium-high (70 percent) for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave for 20 additional seconds as needed, then stir. Continue until melted and smooth. Once melted, pour evenly over caramel layer and gently spread. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is set before cutting. Makes 24 bars.