I got this from the Dessert Du Jour list. To subscribe send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gooey, Chewy Rocky Road Cake
1 cup butter
6 oz. unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted if you like
1 7-oz. jar marshmallow creme
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup half-and-half, light cream, or milk
2 tsp. vanilla
4 cups sifted powdered sugar
1. In a heavy, large saucepan, melt the 1 cup butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool.
2. Meanwhile, grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Set aside. Stir sugar into cooled chocolate mixture in saucepan. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition just till combined. Stir in the 2 teaspoons vanilla.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the flour and baking soda. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture; stir just till combined. Stir in coconut and nuts. Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
4. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or till a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Place on a wire rack. Immediately spread the marshmallow creme evenly over the top.
Cool completely in pan.
5. In a large mixing bowl, beat the 1/2 cup melted butter, cocoa powder, half-and-half, and the 2 teaspoons vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed till smooth. Slowly beat in 4 cups of sifted powdered sugar. If necessary, beat in additional half-and-half till spreading consistency. Spread over cake. Cover; chill in the refrigerator up to 24 hours. Cut just before serving. Makes 15 servings.
Nutrition facts per serving:
total fat: 37g
saturated fat: 21g
vitamin C: 0%