Today is Slow Cooking Thursday, hosted by the lovely Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom . Share a recipe on your blog and go link it at her blog. Please come back and join me for Freezer Food Friday.
GLAZED CINNAMON COFFEE CAKEStreusel
1/4 cup biscuit baking mix
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1-1/2 cups biscuit baking mix
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup vanilla or plain yogurt
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
1) Generously coat four-quart crock pot with butter or cooking spray. Cut parchment paper to fit bottom of stoneware and press into place. Spray paper lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
2) Prepare streusel; blend 1/4 cup biscuit baking mix, brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Set aside.
3) Prepare batter: Mix 1 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix, granulated sugar, yogurt, egg and vanilla in medium bowl until well blended. Spoon 1/2 of the batter into the crock pot. Sprinkle 1/2 of the streusel over the top. Repeat with remaining batter and streusel.
4) Line lid with two paper towels. Cover tightly; cook on high 1 3/4 to 2 hours or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean and cake springs back when gently pressed. Allow cake to rest for 10 minutes. Invert onto plate and peel off paper. Invert again onto serving plate.
5) Prepare glaze: Whisk milk into powdered sugar 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency. Spoon glaze over the top the cake. Garnish with sliced almonds. Serve warm or cold.