2 lbs. ground sausage, she used Jimmy Dean with 50% less fat (either hot, mild or combination)
21/2 cups seasoned croutons
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
21/2 cups milk
3/4 tsp. dry mustard
2 (4-oz.) cans sliced mushrooms
1 (10-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
1. Cook and drain sausage. Set aside.
2. Place croutons on bottom of 9×12-inch greased casserole or pan.
3. Sprinkle cheese over croutons. Add reserved, cooked sausage.
4. In separate bowl, beat eggs, milk and mustard together until well blended. Stir in the mushrooms and mushroom soup. Pour over sausage mixture in casserole. Refrigerate overnight.
5. Bake uncovered, at 300 degrees for 11/2 hours. Let “set” 5 minutes before cutting.