Published: Wed, Nov 7
From Recipe provided by Kelsi Hartley.
2 lbs. smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 (15-oz.) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 1/2 cups chopped celery
1 1/2 cups chopped green bell peppers
1 cup water
1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsps. thyme
1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
1 tsp. white pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 bay leaves
Hot cooked rice
1. Brown sausage; drain and transfer to 5-quart slow cooker.
2. In a large bowl, combine the beans, onion, celery, bell pepper, water, tomato sauce, garlic, thyme, bouillon, white pepper, cayenne pepper and bay leaves.
3. Pour the mixture over the sausage.
4. Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours or until veggies are tender.
5. Discard bay leaves and serve over hot cooked rice.