Today is Slow Cooking Thursday! Post your favorite crockpot recipe on your blog and go visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM and add your link and title. Don’t forget to comment!
Here is a link to ALL MY CROCKPOT RECIPES….
From Recipe is from Ramon Biggio.
4 to 6 center-cut pork chops
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 (28-oz.) cans sauerkraut
1 lb. small new potatoes, peeled
1 onion, chopped
1 to 2 tsps. toasted sesame seeds
1 cored and sliced green apple
1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
1 red apple, sliced for garnish, optional
1. Season pork chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Brown seasoned chops in skillet over medium-high heat before placing into slow cooker (See note).
2. Rinse sauerkraut two to three times to remove acidity. Put rinsed sauerkraut on top of pork chops.
3. Add new potatoes, onions, sesame seeds and sliced apple.
4. Pour barbecue sauce over all and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
5. Serve on large platter garnished with sliced red apple.
Note: Use 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.