Recipe is from “Betty Crocker’s Slow Cooker Cookbook.”
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
1 1/2 lbs. beef stew meat
12 medium new potatoes, cut in half
1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
1 (8-oz.) pkg. baby carrots
2 cups water
1 1/2 tsps. seasoned salt
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup cold water
2 tbls. all-purpose flour
1. Soak tomatoes in water as directed on package; drain and coarsely chop.
2. Mix tomatoes and remaining ingredients except 1/4 cup water and the flour in a 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker.
3. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours (or High 3 to 5 hours) or until beef and vegetables are tender.
4. Mix 1/4 cup water and the flour; gradually stir into beef mixture.
5. Cover and cook on High heat setting 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove bay leaf.
Note: If using fresh tomatoes instead of sun-dried, add 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes with the flour mixture instead of using the dried tomatoes.